Sunday, April 13, 2008

Still a Day Late

I awoke yesterday with a mean headache. i continued to sleep and when i woke up, the headache had subsided. i got up and read and relaxed. as always, i ate a ton of food. i have a voracious appetite. if there is food in my general vicinity, i devour it. although i have tons of fruit and other healthy items, i tend to gravitate toward the chocolate and other sweets. i wish i could do something athletic even though i do not have the energy or stamina to do anything remotely athletic.

i did go out grocery shopping yesterday. it was my first shopping foray since the surgery. it was nice to get out. i wish i could have walked around outside, but it is a little too cold for that. i hope to get out for a walk today.

last night, my water heater pilot light went out. i was unable to restart it. i just purchased a new water heater in January. they could not come out last night even though i have home service plus. they said they would come today between 8 am and 4 pm. they have not arrived yet. i am sure they will come close to 4. needless to say i am a bit ripe not being able to shower in anything besides cold water. as a result of the water situation, i will be sitting on the couch. i guess i would be doing that anyways. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Patrick,
Greetings from Japan! I sent you photos of cherry blossoms & spring in Japan. I thought you'd enjoy it.
The CSC network gave me the news. It was shocking news at first. It's been great to read about your recovery. I hope you get better soon. Looking forward to talking with you soon. Wishing you all the best towards full recovery.
~m.cheng

Sarah said...

Morning Patrick! I hope today finds you in good health and strength! Spring is finally here it looks like-what a great feeling to be outside atleast! I hope you got to take a walk yesterday! I taught my nephew a little soccer at the park-it was great-it's amazing what a little fresh air can do! Oh by the way you and I have the same problem about sweets, I have been devouring german chocolate since I've been back-thank god it is almost gone (with the help of my mom and sisters!). Hope to talk soon!!!