Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Piecing Healthcare Together

i slept terribly last night. it had nothing to do with headaches. it had everything to do with my crohn's. it is back and in full force. i was up every hour for most of the night. i guess if it is not one thing it is another. this is something i am used to and can tolerate.

my gastroenterologist called me back. we had a wonderful conversation. he is a gentle soul. he agreed to speak with my neurologist in order to integrate treatment. i am sure i will have to set up an appointment in the near future. he prescribed Asacol for my intestines. i have taken it in the past and i do not believe it works well. i suppose i will actually listen to my physicians this time. this may be a bit too much information, but i will tell it anyway. i have to give some stool samples to him as well.

the weather is improving. it was absolutely gorgeous out today. it is about time. spring has sprung!

2 comments:

Paula Martin said...

Okay Patrick...are you kidding me...now I have to comment...I've been a loyal reader of your blog and REALLY appreciate you keeping us up to date on your recovery but....WAY TOO MUCH INFO! You can keep your "samples" to yourself!

I would love to sign "anonymous" but I think you would guess....sending my love, Paula

Anonymous said...

Love the sample info...just the type of sharing I appreciate! Re. the integrative medicine, have you heard of the institute for Health and Healing, part of Abbott's Integrative Medicine approach? Worth checking out if you haven't already...they're doing some amazing things.

About time you guys had some decent weather! Hope you can get out and roll around in the grass soon.

Thinking of you lots,
Christy