Friday, April 18, 2008

For your Amusement





i wanted to give you a glimpse into my new look. i have a side shot, but i cannot get it to rotate properly. here it is. as you all know, i usually keep my hair short and easy to maintain. my situation has allowed me the opportunity to explore my ability or lack there of to grow facial hair. not many of you knew i still had the ability to grow hair on top of my head as well. i still have it. having a beard is not as bad as i thought, but it does not feel like me. i will continue to grow it for a bit longer. i find it rather amusing and it takes minimal effort to maintain. i do need to obtain the proper clippers to make it even easier. my head clippers and razor do not allow me the ability to properly manage my look. we will see how long i keep my hair. i am going to wait until i see my entire scar. some of the steri strips are coming off. once i see it in its entirety i will decide if i should go back to short an easy or attempt to hide the scare with hair. i know my hair will not grow there, but we shall see if i should give myself a fade. enjoy the pic!

i had a headache for most of the evening and morning. it has subsided a bit. i thought i was out from under the headache spell, but i guess it will be something i will be coping with for some time to come.

i watched a wonderful movie today. i encourage you all to watch it. it is called Sharkwater. it is about saving sharks and thus our ecosystem. i do not want to get on my preachy horse about the environment and politics. we are a world in peril and we have nobody to blame but ourselves. we need to be better stewards of ourselves, the land, water and air to assure future generations can thrive. so, i will just encourage you to view this and other documentaries. it is a short documentary but especially powerful. i guess i have always had a love for the ocean and sharks. too bad my experience with Mr. Miller in biology in high school ruined my chances of becoming a marine biologist. i guess i am still harboring a grudge because he did not assist Tony, my friend and lab partner, in dissecting our fetal pig or answering any of our other questions he had about biology. we were both destined to a life outside of science. :)



6 comments:

peg said...

Hey Patrick,
We have all been thinking about you in OUW/Klaeber. Just wanted to say hi and that we wish you the best.
I hope the sleep thing can be figured out...that is brutal. A pox upon your biology teacher---and yet you ended up doing great work in another field!
Peg

Anonymous said...

Hey Patrick,

I like that manly man look. I hope you continue to feel better in spite of all the challenges.

Take care,

Anise

Tess/Theresa said...

Mr. Troup esq,

Tess and I check our blog regularly. Your tangental observations on fetal pigs, et al, are well worth the price of subscription!

Cheers, Ian and Tess

Sarah said...

Hey Patrick,

I like the look--easy to maintain!! I hope your headaches are getting a little better I was suffering with you yesterday-the nicest day out of the year with a migrane!! That's the way it goes I guess. I would look into the docu but sharks give me nightmares so I will take your word this time :)
Have your doctors told you anything else-re your recovery? Are things going as expected? I hope all is progressing well and that your spirit's bright!
Hope to share my Berlin photos with you soon!!

Anonymous said...

I see the new look, I can touch up that lining for. Continue to get better and we will see you when you get back.

Trumanue

Unknown said...

Hey Handsome,

You look great....I vote that you keep the facial hair!

Thinking of you!

Erica