Wednesday, April 2, 2008

On the Catwalk






Here are some photos. it took me a while to get one of them off my phone. i am also having difficulty placing them where i want them to go on the blog. i am still a blogging neophyte. i hope these images are not too disturbing or risque. the second photo was taken prior to my surgery. they had hooked me up to a few IVs and set up the electrodes on my head to monitor Brain function. i felt like i had a ponytail. it might be inspiration for a future hairstyle. at the time this was taken the anesthesia was beginning to kick in. a few minutes after this picture was taken, i remember the nurses asking my parents to say goodbye. things began to get blurry and i do not remember a thing until the following day. my tongue and mouth are still not the same since they intubated me.

the first photo was taken yesterday. i was about to take a shower. i just wanted you all to know that i still have a sharp sense of style with my bonnet. i am unable to wash my hair or get my neck wet for 5 more days. needless to say, my hair is a bit ripe. too bad i do not have the ability to grow a proper beard. my face looks ratty. i will be calling on all of you to assist me in deciding what type of hairstyle to have moving forward. i will work on some possible options.

i did not sleep very well last night. my mind was racing about silly stuff. i am still experiencing tingling, but not to the extent that i was yesterday. i take that to be a good sign.








10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the predator look. I am glad to see that you are doing well. Hang in there and we miss you around here.

Trumanue L.

Anonymous said...

After viewing these photos - I might have a hard time sleeping. There are bound to be ups and downs during this recovery, especially when you think of what you have been through and the assault on your brain and body.

Please call if you need a ride - anywhere - but I would prefer that it not be the midnight ride around Calhoun and Lake of the Isles.....

You are making fantastic progress...... I'm amazed.

Your other mother, fan, and loyal supporter.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Dear Patrick,

Don't ask me why, but in your most current photo you really remind me of Jesus. :)

Wishing you a good night's sleep--

Blessings,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Troup,

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. I've been a daily visitor to your blog the past couple of weeks. Although I don't get a chance to talk with you all that often, you are a guy I've always really liked and admired. Please know that there are several of us out here who keep you in our daily thoughts and prayers!

John Schlichtmann

RAHalvorson said...

Trouper! You look and sound great!!! I think you should grow out the hair and go with a mustache. At least for a little while, if even just long enough to get a photo.

See you soon,
Rebecca

Sarah said...

glad to hear you're a little better-poco a poco (little by little) a saying me and my sister use quite often!! you are looking good though keep taking good care!!! Hope to see you when you are well enough...until then god bless.

darin smith said...

Hi Patrick,
You are my hero - no just soccer either. Wishing you the best possible recovery experience and prayers for health and strength (Acts 2:25-28).

Take care!
--Darin Smith

Anonymous said...

Have you considered growing out your hair, then dreading it, then putting it back in a ponytail?! May take a while, but then, you got a lot of livin to do!
LOL! Get better soon!
Manisha

Jaime said...

Hey Patrick,

I had dinner last night with Manisha and she mentioned that you were in the hospital. Take care and you are in my prayers.

Jaime
MLK Program

Steve said...

Hi Patrick,

Good photo selection! It sounds like you are in good spirits. I hope the tingling stops soon....I'm sure it will. You will be back in no time and it will be good to see you.

Take care,
Steve