Friday, April 4, 2008

OUCH!

i had the most intense headache i have ever experienced last night. i still do not believe i can accurately describe the pain. it felt as if i had a helmet of pain on and it was vibrating or melting pain into my brain. it was the strangest sensation i have ever experienced. i took some pain medication, but it just displaced it. the pain moved from encompassing my entire head to different positions of my brain. my brain felt as if it was a piece of clay that an artist was attempting to remove the air bubbles out of before shaping it. i was trying to find a position in which i could find some relief, but i could not find one. needless to say, it was a difficult evening.

i finally forced myself to get out of bed to get ready to go to the St. Paul Heart Clinic. i have not been very steady on my feet today. i get light headed and dizzy easy. i went to the clinic and they attached this monitor with electrodes to my chest. i have to wear this for 24 hours and document all the various activities i do or do not do during that period of time. it will be fairly simple documentation consisting of nap, eating and taking pain medications.