Friday, April 11, 2008

I Cannot Get Caught Up

i realize that my blog is stagnating. i guess my life is just not that interesting. i will plod on and give you updates. i wish i had more excitement to share with you. this is all i got. :)

yesterday i awoke to a brutal headache. i slept in and relaxed. thankfully by late afternoon, my head was feeling better. i took a shower and washed my hair. it felt so wonderful lathering my head up. i am able to get the incision wet. the incision feels numb. my neck is extremely stiff. i need to increase my range of motion by doing simple head movements. i hope that sensation goes away. we shall see. i also attempted to read a book. low and behold i was able to read a couple of chapters of Come on People by Bill Cosby and Alvin Poussaint. it felt wonderful to actually read more then a few page article. it did take its toll. by the bedtime, my headache returned but it was worth it.

i awoke this morning to a healthy amount of slush on the ground. i cannot believe the weather. i was expecting to be able to sit outside and read. that most certainly is not going to happen anytime soon. i feel good this morning. too bad the weather will prevent me from taking a walk. i was hoping to walk the dog this morning. it has been a few days since i have taken a walk. i need to get more exercise.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Patrick. I was wondering what happened to you - I just heard. My prayers are with you and your family. Glad you made this blog - it enables us to keep an eye on you. Also glad to know you are doing better each day. Life changing experiences always happen for a reason - time to reevaluate things! ;) They also make you stronger. ;) Take care Patrick!

Shereen

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well, in a way you "picked" a perfect time to have the surgery in that you're not missing much good weather!

Hope the neck stiffness abates soon, and that you have some good news from your surgeon soon!

Eric

Anonymous said...

Patrick, you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the headaches are history soon! Your humor and positive mental attitude remain steadfast and will carry you through this ordeal. When you're feeling up to it, lunch is one me! Take care! :)

Sincerely,

Mike Baynes

Anonymous said...

Patrick-

Peace and health to you!

The entire Mullin family is behind you for a full recovery.

AM

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I hope you are feeling better today. I am thinking of you.

Erica