Monday, April 7, 2008

A Day Behind

i apologize for not posting anything yesterday. i did escape the confines of my house. i went over to my brother's house and hung out with my niece. she is doing much better. other then that i slept most of the day. it was so dreary and i was tired as all get up. it was a mix of just being plain old tired and having a headache that you want to escape and sleep was the logical solution. at least the headache is not like the melting helmet. that was brutal. the one i have currently reminds me of someone pulling the two hemispheres of the brain apart. i am still tired. i could sleep all day. we shall see what i end up doing today

my Holter monitor was just dropped off. a physician will take a look at the data. if they find something startling, they will let me know. if not, they will contact me in a week or so. i truly believe they will find nothing. my low heart rate is natural and was reduced a bit further because of the manipulation of the Medulla.

i still have tingling in my arms and fingers, but it is intermittent. i did have some tingling in my legs and toes yesterday. that was a bit surprising. we shall see if that continues. my wound is not weeping anymore. that is great. i cannot wait to be able to wash the wound. maybe that will happen this week. i am not going to hold my breath.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

made it home last night thank god! you probably slept more than me this past week despite your headaches (which sound excruciating-i'm so sorry). hope things improve for you this week-all we need is a little sun perhaps!!! i will be sleeping until thursday ;) LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey Patrick,
Have finally had a minute to get updated on your progress - really appreciate your blog - thanks.
Sorry to hear about your pain. Hopefully it will be short lived - the pain, not you ( :
Hang in there... just as spring will eventually make its entrance, so will you return to full health.
You can't keep a good man down.
Peace,
Donna ( @ St. Kate's)

Anonymous said...

Trouper,
The headache sounded brutal!! Your perfect excuse for never heading the ball again I am certain. Glad to hear things progressing and thanks for keeping this updated so I can check in and see what's happening "upstairs". Hopefully you've got the premierleague channel going over there and are watching the end of season games while you're resting up.

A

Kris said...

Hi there patrick,

It's really helpful to hear how you are progressing, though challenging to think of you in pain, dear friend. It sounds like you are maintaining an incredible attitude, which probably doesn't surprise any of us. You're amazing, and are handling this journey with your usual strength, character and wonderful humor. Hang in there!

Here's to a tingle free, pain free, sunny day. It's coming soon, I can feel it!!! Kris

PS I can't wait until you are able to smile your full smile again (which should coincide with being able to consume large mouthfuls of food quickly!!!)

Anonymous said...

Hey Troup.
I had no idea you were going through this! I am sorry I have been so out of the loop. It sounds like you are dealing with this with incredible grace. I am going to keep checking in on the blog to follow your progress. We wish you the best of luck. Get some rest.

Jan Knutsen and family