Friday, May 2, 2008

On the Road Again

my range of motion is improving each day. nevertheless, my neck is still stiff. it feels as if there is not enough skin back there to allow me to move properly. i know the muscles are tight and not used to moving. i do experience some sharp pains toward the top portion of the incision. i cannot complain. my headaches have not been severe in quite some time.

although my head has been okay, my stomach and intestines have been giving me problems. the last few days, it has been my stomach that has given me the most problems. i am not sure if it is something i ate, but if that is the case, it should have gone away by now. i have an appointment with my primary care physician to have my blood work done. i will ask her what on earth is going on if it is still bothering me.

i have started to drive a bit on the side roads. beware drivers! :) even with a stiff neck, i am better them most of the terrible Minnesota drivers. i had no problem adjusting back to driving. everything is a bit more labored, but it feels so nice to have some semblance of control. i felt like a sixteen your old after passing the driver's examination. freedom of movement without the curfew. the potholes do not feel good on the neck, but it is nice to be able to run to the store if i want to.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

man...I was feeling the same way yesterday, maybe it was something in the air! I slept for about 10 hours so hopefully today will be better!! Glad to hear you're gaining your independence back-"poco a poco!". Please be careful with those muscles!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Patrick,

I'm happy to hear that some things are improving and I hope your doctor gets to the bottom of your tummy issues. Maybe it's ALL that eating you've been doing? Take care and I hope to see you soon.

~Anise

Anonymous said...

Hi Patrick,
I'm so glad to hear that your health is improving and wow, you're driving. You're a tough and brave fighter! Be careful and watch for the crazy drivers , especially on the slippery roads. Hope to see you soon. Best wishes, good luck, and speedy recovery.
PT

Anonymous said...

Patrick,

It is good to hear that your recovery from the surgery is going in the right direction. Its not so good to hear of the issues with your intestines. Hopefully the meds will give you some relief. Again, I'll stress to you that you should not rush back to work. While we miss you we don't want you to come back prematurely. Take care.

Rickey