Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Health Care Cronicles

today was another day attempting to understand how anything in health care gets done. after learning that i have to track down my various doctors to have blood work done, i left messages with my gastroenterologist and neurologist. my neurologist got back to me (i wonder if it is because i used to cut his grass as a kid). he was dumbfounded that my GI doctor did not call the labs in. he agreed to send all of his records to my primary care doctor for my labs next week. my GI doctor has not returned my call. he is usually pretty good at getting back to me, but not of late. when i spoke with his nurse last week they told me that my primary care doctor needed to call it in. if i was not on top of all this, nothing would get done. i hope to speak with my GI doctor tomorrow in order for him to send his files on me to my primary care physician. we shall see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, what a HASSLE! I'm so sorry for what can charitably be called the poor coordination of your providers.

Hey, I sent you an email to your umn.edu account with some health related items. See what you think.

The vibes continue my friend.

Eric

Anonymous said...

Pat,
Been meaning to send a few words and well wishes your way. This is Kris Kubalak, a friend of Wade's from State. I know we met at least once in E.L., and then again on a journey I took the great north way to Minneapolis.
Wade and I had been corresponding a bit when your diagnosis came in. Certainly sorry to hear of your situation and challenge in general. You were in my thoughts as the surgery was underway. Today, glad to hear that you are mentally and physically on the path to recovery and all is well...minus the "pains in the neck" physically/literally and, well, with all the side hoops you have to jump through while in said state of recovery. Hang in there and fight ye olde good fight.
Also, I live in San Diego and didn't like the thought of anyone having to recover in a Minnesota winter...A bit spoiled here, I grew up in Michigan grey harshness...Anyway, glad the weather is changing and the views all-around will look even more promising.
Keep spirits high. Wishing you the best.

Kris
"Kube"
(Wade used to say I was Twilliger-esque in who I reminded him of...Just to paint a reminder for you. Cheers.)