Monday, May 19, 2008

Back to Work

today was my first day back in seven weeks. time has flown by and much has changed since my last moments in the office. it was wonderful to get back to see my staff. i did not enjoy coming back to over a thousand emails and countless phone messages. i will not get into the crises that need to be addressed. i spent much of my time speaking with my colleagues and hearing what is and has been going on. i missed a lot. the staff did a wonderful job addressing situations that arose while i was out. i am lucky to have them. being in a work environment was a lot more taxing then i remember. it ended up giving me a headache. that being said, it was good to be back

i also had a doctors appointment. i had a TB test and they had to see if i had a reaction to it. obviously, i did not. that was a wasted test and wasted my time. tomorrow i go in to be fitted with another holter heart monitor. i hope it is only for a 24 hour period and not longer. we shall see. i still do not know why they insist that i do this again. i have a slow heart rate. get over it. oh well. what is another co-pay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Patrick,

Good luck on your first week back at work! I hope the senseless tests, the intestinal problems, the headaches and especially the work-related stuff that induces headaches (and maybe the GI problems too) all go away over the summer. Let me know if I can help in any way--it would help me take my mind off the heat. It's 107 degrees here right now. Feel lucky you live in Minnesota! :)

Blessings always, Sharon

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad you are back at work Patrick! (Haven't called because I imagine you are overloaded with work and well-wishers.)

Anyway, the vibes continue my friend!

Eric