Monday, March 24, 2008

13 Some Odd Hours To Go

thank you to all that have attempted to call me. i wish that i had time to speak to everyone. Please know that i appreciate your calls and will attempt to get back to you after the surgery. i have to say that i am blessed with the most amazing friends. thank you!

What a day and it is still not over. i attempted to take care of everything in the office before my MRI. i know i missed somethings, but i am glad that i left everything to my fabulous staff.

i had my final MRI before the surgery. it was rather comical. the dressing rooms were full. they put me behind this curtain. there were no gowns to put on so the MRI technician told me to strip down and get in. little did i know she was being facetious. nakedness never bothered me. as i disrobed, she quickly threw me some scrubs. another technician came in and shaved small holes in what little hair i have. he put these markers on my head (see photos above) they look like the pads you put on a wart or a corn. i feel like a cartoon character, but i cannot place him if he was member of the Superfriends legion of doom or someone from the Jetsons. maybe someone can help me out with that. then again, i could be totally off. it would not be the first time. these markers are used to help them map my brain. i really want to check what is missing in those images. :) i then entered the machine. i find those contraptions to be quite relaxing minus the banging and knocking. as i walk out of the hospital, i am getting numerous double takes and it was not because of my eyes. needless to say, i immediately went to my car and put on a cap.

i want to thank you all again for your kind words. they mean the world to me. as i said before, i am lucky to have so many incredible people in my life. thank you!

i was asked to give the hospital information. i am at United Hospital located on Smith Ave N., St. Paul, MN 55102-2389. their phone number is 651-241-8256.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing yourself with us Patrick...allowing us to collectively be there for you and support you. You have given us a rare gift.

Wishing you positive thoughts and energy tomorrow.

V.L.

Anonymous said...

patrick, wishing you all the best tomorrow and for your recovery.

love
dawn, tom, and the girls

Anonymous said...

I think it's an awesome look Patrick.

Speaking of superheroes, I have a "must see" for you as you recover. Gotta check out "World Girl" on PBS, and especially the dastardly villain, "Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy".

Anyway, I'm really sending the prayers/vibes your way my friend.

Eric

Anonymous said...

Dear Patrick,

You have gone from my favorite ex-superboss to one of my favorite superheroes, Hellboy. Please never stop amazing us all.

Lots of aloha,
Sharon

Sarah said...

Warmest wishes for a speedy recovery! I prayed all last night that you were at least able to get some sleep! You will be in my thoughts today as well...I admire your courage.

Unknown said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Love Ya,
Denise

Stacey said...

How is it that even with pads all over your head you look amazing?! ;)

As someone else said, thank you for sharing this experience with us, and allowing us to be apart of it in this way. It means a lot.

Looking forward to hearing how you're doing, and how we can help out once you're home.

Praying for you! You are much loved.
-Stacey Ferguson

Anonymous said...

Pat- thoughts and prayers are with you on this day. Your courage is inspiring..

Dusty Becker and Family

Anonymous said...

HI Patrick. Wanted to let you know I am thinking about you and praying for your fast recovery!

Noi