Friday, August 1, 2008

More Tests and Monitoring

well, there is a bit to tell you all. on Tuesday, i played basketball for the first time in 4 months. that was interesting. not that i had skills before the surgery, but whatever i did have has gone along with my cardio. i am so out of shape. biking just does not get it done. well, the rate of speed that i bike is not getting it done. my shot was terrible and my dribbling was off. i have to say i had a great time. i am looking forward to next week

yesterday, i had my appointment with Dr. Parry. his nursing staff were entertaining and funny. Dr. Parry is a kind gentleman and is an international authority in MS and neuropathy. it sounded like he was from Australia or New Zealand, but the accent was so slight. he was exceptionally thorough. i did dexterity tests, hand eye tests, cogitative tests and walking tests. he spent over an hour with me. after all of that, he does not believe i have neuropathy or MS. he wants to check to see if i have Sarcoidosis. Sarcoidosis is a disease of unknown origin that cause the formation of nodules/lesions in the lungs, liver salivary glands and lymph glands. my uncle died of complications associated with sarcoidosis. i had a CT scan today (which was quite easy and quick). although it may not show up on the CT scan, it does not mean that i do not have it. so, he will continue to monitor me. the monitoring will somewhat mirror what they are doing with the tumor. i am so glad that i do not have to do a spinal tap. oh the simple pleasures. :)

Have a wonderful weekend. i will let you know if my hoopin' skills return. stay tuned......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

to my favorite cousin:) finally getting caught up... enjoyed reading your well-written updates, glad that you're making progress, sounds like you're in goods hands. hopefully we can connect soon (lots to share - too much to type). praying for you...
i love you,
michelle

Anonymous said...

You were my last hurdle of competition to get to the NBA. There's hope for me yet! Best wishes, Patrick - may windwill dunks await you!
-Jeffrey Rainey

Anonymous said...

that should have read "windmill"

-Jeffrey

Anonymous said...

Hey Patrick, I just caught up on your blog! My thoughts continue to be w/ you buddy! I'm glad we got to catch up over lunch in July! :)

Sincerely,

Mike Baynes